Budapest Christmas Fair Was Voted Second-Best in Europe
New to Budapest, traveling through Europe, or living here since a while, but wanting a relaxing, recreational program for yourself and your family, friends, etc. in some holiday atmosphere? We have good news!
It's always a wonderful experience to visit a christmas fair in Budapest (and basically, that could be true for fairs in every city), but this year, there might be even more in that: the christmas fair of Budapest gained the second place in a worldwide voting held among European Christmas Markets. I, as a big lover of the city, find this title really honourable, and even though somebody (just like me) would like the fair every single year, this voting result shows it's not our partiality that makes us thinks how great it is!
If you are familiar with European cities, you might know that christmas programs are not just concentrated in one block,
you can find them scattered in the city. Let's see the major ones in Budapest!
- Stalls with handcrafted items, gastronomic specialities, creative workshops
- Christmas-themed light-painting on the building of Basilica (even in 3D)
- Ice skating track
- Charity oppurtunities
District V, at the square right in front of the St. Stephen Basilica (Szent István Bazilika), from 23th November to 1st January
District V, Vörösmarty Square (M1) and Deák Ferenc Square (M1, M2, M3), from 9th November to 1st January
- Hundreds of craftsmen with heart-to-heart hand-made products
- Mulled wine, chimney cake, and other hungarian special beverages and food
- Christmas-themed live music on stages
- Free entry
Várkert Bazár (Castle Garden Fair)
Disctrict II, "Várkert Bazár", from 2nd December to 23rd December
- Stalls, markets and shops
- Live music, concerts
- Guided tour in tha castle named "Princess Sissi's Christmas"
- Craft workshops for children
- Beautiful view to the castle and river Danube
Disctrict XI, "Bálna", Near Fővám tér (M4), from 1st December to 31st December
- Street food, beside the traditional christmas food
- Exhibiting craftsmen
- Ice skating track with free entry (with renting oppurtunity too)
- Playhouse inside the building for the children
- Stunning view to river Danube and to Buda
District VIII, Erkel Theater, II. János Pál Pápa tér (M4), from 1st December to 31st December
Would like to get to know more about Budapest? Click here to read our articles about living in Budapest!
- Live christmas carol
- Chimney cakes, gingerbreads and mulled wine, sold in small hut-like stalls
- Smaller place, more intimate atmosphere than at the major ones
- Coworkers of the Opera work at fair as well
If you are looking for a new place to reside in Budapest, don't hesitate to contact our colleagues.
Mobil: +36 20 262 7864
Tel: +36 1 240 2767
Check out our website for more than 350 rentals and 500+ properties for sale listed on our website.